Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

I am going to participate in NaNoWriMo. I am going to practice self-discipline in my writing. I am going to learn to tell my internal editor to shove it...when appropriate, of course.

At the very least, those are the things I'm telling myself as I gear up for the November novel writing challenge.  Today it was nigh upon impossible to log in, and I had to think of a 5K.  Think of all those runners already at the front of the pack. Then think of all of the runners who start with me but then leave me coughing in their dust.  Just like finishing a road race, however, the goal is to simply finish.

I'm not a pretty writer, and I'm certainly not a pretty runner, but I'm going to give this a shot.  If you break down the 50,000 words over 30 days, you're looking at about 1700 words a day.  I've already written 953 today--so, come on, folks.  Remember that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step; a novel of 50,000 words begins with 1 word.

Want to know what I'm talking about?  Visit the official National Novel Writing Month web site at www.nanowrimo.org. If you want to buddy up, you can find me under s_kilpatrick!

Let's write!

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I'm placing the blame on you for my new found involvement in NaNoWriMo! :) Good luck on your 50K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I will happily take the blame. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete